Monday 8 September 2014

Broken Moon is Finished!

And about time too! I think this has probably been the longest blog/release drought I've had so far, but fear not! The concluding part of Broken Moon is all done, longer than ever, and available for purchase on Amazon and Smashwords!

The Highland Pack is divided, on the verge of breaking. Only a new leader, with the strength to stand up to Hazel and his followers, can save the volatile group of werewolves from the kind of future April has been struggling to avoid ever since meeting Cyan.
But the mantle of leadership comes with a high price to pay, and a toll on April's heart worse than any she has endured before.

It's been a bit of a stumble to the finish line, but we got there in the end! The delays I mentioned were unfortunately due to me getting quite ill over the past month when I should have been wrapping up the serial post-haste, which really ate into the amount of time I could spend writing/editing. I'm starting to get back on my feet now, though, so hopefully I can get back into the proper rhythm of work before too long.

Broken Moon has definitely been a big project. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, it's my first book that I'd consider a "real" novel, in the sense that I knew it was going to be a novel right from the start, planned accordingly, and focused on telling a story I was interested in rather than cramming way too much sex into every chapter!
Needless to say, it's super satisfying to finally see it finished.

So, what's up next for me? Well, I'll be taking a teensy break from writing just to tackle a bunch of businessy stuff that's been piling up on my plate for a while. There are a couple of retailers I really need to get my back catalogue published with, tax forms to file and mail off, advertising opportunities to look into, and blog posts to write. Also I could really use a trip to the optician to get a new pair of glasses.

With all that in mind, I don't have an ETA for when my next serial will begin, but it'll certainly be by the end of the year (probably earlier!). I've been doing so much editing lately that I'm just itching to start writing again on a brand new story, but I'll have to try and restrain myself until all the boring grown-up stuff is done with,

Until the next time, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment